- Running up credit cards because you think your debts will simply be discharged
- Transferring property out of your name to avoid losing them during bankruptcy
- Cashing in retirement funds to help reduce assets
- Ignoring pending lawsuits thinking that the bankruptcy will stop them
- Paying back money owed to family and friends and ignoring creditors
- Withholding information from a lawyer and hiding assets
All of these mistakes can make filing for bankruptcy even more complicated than it needs to be. They, however, are easy to make – especially if you don’t know any better. For this reason, it is highly encouraged that you do not hesitate to seek legal representation from a high-quality lawyer to help protect your best interests by helping you avoid these common pitfalls.
Knowledgeable San Antonio Bankruptcy Attorney
When you are considering filing for bankruptcy, it is important that you take the necessary steps to make sure that the process is as painless and effective as possible. At the Malaise Law Firm, we know how stressful it can be to deal with bankruptcy and we know how easily it can be mishandled. For this reason, we are fully devoted to ensuring that our clients receive the care and support that will be best suited towards helping them to reach their desirable outcome.
Bankruptcy can be an effective tool for finding financial stability once more, but only if it is handled correctly. For this reason, we encourage you to contact our firm as quickly as you can. We know the intricate complexities that surround this process and we are fully devoted towards helping our clients reach their desirable result. By working with a bankruptcy lawyer from our firm, you will be given the best possible chance of success as we work to evaluate your case and come up with the strongest solution towards helping you achieve financial stability. Regardless of the scenario that you are facing, you can trust that we will be there every step of the way to protect your legal rights.